I was scouring the Internet today looking for different ways to try and unclog a drain with out calling a plumber. Let me know if you have tried any of these or if you have any do it your self tips to clear that pesky drain.
1. Pour 1/2 cup of salt down the drain followed by boiling water. Continue to flush with very hot tap water until the clog is clear.
2. Pour 1/3 cup baking soda and 1/3 cup vinegar down the drain, it should start to bubble with foam. Cover drain with a wash rag until it stops foaming, then run very hot water for 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Wet dry vacuum, first set it to vacuum liquids, to prevent a mess cover the vent. Then create a tight seal over the drain. With the vacuum turned to the highest setting, it can be powerful enough to draw up the clog into the vacuum.
4. For a hair clog, if you have a Nair hair remover laying around pour it down the drain, let it sit for about an hour then pour hot water down the drain.
5. Take a wire hanger, straighten it out and bend the end to make a small hook. Then push it past the drain cover and start fishing. You may get all sorts of nasty stuff out of the drain so if you have a weak stomach this may not be for you. When finish flush the drain with some hot water.
6. Pouring a cup of plain yogurt down the drain and leave for several hour. I’m not really sure how this works but several sources on the Internet swear by it.
Remember if non of these work the problem could be further down the line or you can have a more serious drain issue. Give us a call 480-966-8795 we offer same day service and free in home estimates.