March 16, 2020
To: All Current and Prospective Customers
Subject: Coronavirus Impacts
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to impact all of us, City Wide Plumbing Co. is monitoring the situation very closely. Like you, our top priorities are the safety of our staff and customers, and doing what we can to minimize the spread of the virus.
Accordingly, we have confirmed that our employees have adhered to the guidelines put in place by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://wwwnc.cdc.gov.
Our employees have not:
- Traveled to at-risk areas, otherwise known as Level 2 and 3 countries https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices, or been exposed to anyone who has traveled to these areas in the past 14 days.
- Been in known contact with anyone testing positive with the virus in the past 14 days.
As a company, we’ve asked everyone to stay on top of their good practices, and these are excellent reminders for all of us moving forward:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- When soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol and rub your hands together until the sanitizer air dries.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces every day, such as door knobs, handles, work surfaces, etc.
- Allow those who are at risk to work from home.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick – 6 feet is the recommended distance.
- Insist on those who are sick to remain at home.
City Wide Plumbing Co. wants to assure all of our customers that WE WILL NOT send a technician out who exhibits cold and/or flu symptoms. We provide our employees with sick leave and strongly encourage them to stay home when they aren’t feeling well.
We take safety very seriously and ask all of you to stay safe and know we’re working together for the betterment of our community and our customers.