If a natural gas pipeline is damaged, ruptured or leaking:
- Move to a safe location and call 911 and Southwest Gas at 1-877-860-6020 immediately, day, or night.
- Communicate requested information to Southwest Gas emergency dispatch.
- Secure the area and keep others from entering.
- Eliminate sources of ignition.
- Wait for fire department and Southwest Gas emergency crews to arrive,
- Visit swgas.com/saftey for Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
DO NOT Do THIS:
- Do not attempt to repair any damage or control the flow of natural gas.
- Do not start or stop and engine or attempt to move equipment.
- Do not enter the area where natural gas is escaping or allow others to enter.
- Do not smoke, strike a match, turn on or off any electrical switches.
- So not attempt to extinguish a fire should ignition occur
- Do not leave the scene of the incident until assistance has arrived.
Courtesy of Southwest Gas